Log Entry 170828.210

T'Roc and I were up early, preparing for yet another day on Dirria. Arunga was still curled up lazily in the warmth of the bedclothes with only his little purry snores giving away his presence. Sharing a bed with Arunga was just like sleeping with Beastie. He would stretch and writhe in pleasure during his sleep, often pushing his big, fluffy paws against me, occasionally letting out a silent meow.
T'Roc was reading a datapad as she sipped her tea and I was putting my boots, when I caught sight of her smirking.
"What?" I demanded.
"Nothing," she said, taking another unnaturally delicate sip from the cup.
"Yes, there is. You're grinning at something."
Still smirking, she put her cup down and leaned forward to be sure that Arunga couldn't hear her.
"Well, if you must know," she whispered, "I was just musing about … you know," and she left the words hanging in the air.
"I know … what?"
T'Roc tipped her head towards Arunga. She was teasing me, but I couldn't quite see how. I took the bait shamelessly.
"What?" I hissed at her.
"How to write this one up? What do I say in my report?"
My brow furrowed in confusion.
"What do you mean?"
T'Roc grinned even harder, evil glinting in her eye. She leaned closer to me and whispered, "I've never had to report one of my officers for behaviour unbecoming before."
Horror filled me. What behaviour? What had I done? My mouth worked open and shut like a goldfish, but no words emerged. T'Roc giggled.
"Sleeping with the king!" she whispered.
The words out, she immediately leaned back in her chair and took another innocent sip of her tea.
"It's not like that at all!" I hissed, but T'Roc only laughed all the more.
"Shame on you!" she tutted.
T'Roc can be a rotten tease.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I really enjoy your stories. I got a good chuckle from this latest post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to be back. Thank you. 🖖

    ReplyDelete