Log Entry 140419.101

Now explain this if you can ...
This morning I got up and fed Beastie who, by the way, has not only come away from our last mission unscathed but seems to have been completely oblivious to events. She was hungry (but isn't she always) and very pleased to see me when I got back, but not a hair on her fat, hairy body has been ruffled.
Anyway, I showered and dressed, and then I called her for her 'bye-bye snack' that she always gets as I depart, but there was no sign of her!
I hunted high. I hunted low. I checked inside cupboards and, bearing in mind her history, even checked that the air vents were all sealed up, but still no sign of her. I knew she was there though. She had to be there somewhere. There was no way to get out of my quarters, so where the heck was she?
In the end, I put her little treat in the middle of the floor and left. But when I opened the door to my quarters, there, sitting in the corridor looking up at me with contented, half-closed eyes and smiling, was Beastie! She looked at me for a moment, gave a little silent meow and sauntered in making a bee-line for the goodie.
I didn't have time to investigate further, but how does this blessed cat do it? Or am I going completely mad?

No comments:

Post a Comment